Monday, March 18, 2013



Knitting little elephants... aren't they cute!? That's the sleeve of a sweater I've been working on, and I'm so excited to see how the whole of it turns out.  Reading quite a bit too... I deleted my facebook about a month ago and am taking a break from pinterest too, I wanted to use my time in more productive ways.

It's been a nice break, and has brought about a lot of contemplation about loneliness and other things.  I've come to believe that I've been using facebook and pinterest as basically a painkiller for the loneliness, so that it's still there, I'm just more numb about it and dwell on it less.  Which is good in some ways, but bad in others.  Somethings there just aren't cures for, at least not instantly, and I go back and forth on believing if loneliness has one at all, ever.  Some say that there isn't others say that there is, and I guess I don't know yet either way.  But that's okay, I guess it's another question I can be excited about asking again and again.  So that even if I never find the answer I've found the question's poetry, which is almost the same thing.

Love, Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm that way about tumblr. I use it a lot, and I think your right about using social media to 'cure' loneliness. :( I should stop and actually start that cross-stitch project I've been meaning to do. :)

And your elephants are SO cute!

-Merry