Thursday, July 15, 2010

Awards!

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing good! I'm a little bit sick over here, which means lots of tea and hours to just read, sew, knit, and that I will actually post. Anyway, I have to awards (woohoo!) that I've been hanging on to for much to long. So here we go!
Thank you Clare for this wonderful award! Sorry it's taken me this long to post it.


I'm going to pass this award on to the dear Melee who always leaves wonderful, fun, comments!
Now, for this fantastic award from Tywo (thank you so much!) is a bit more involved. I have to state seven things I love. So number one is:
1. Life
What I mean by life is not my life (though my life is good), what I mean is what life is. The life that starts the moment a child is conceived. I love how we breathe and move and can make our own choices. Life is so precious, it's one of the only things, when you think about it, that we really have, that's only ours.
I also love the life that is in animals and growing things.
That too is something to marvel over.

2. My Family
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, caring family. And while I often feel like I just need out, I love them. So, so, much.

3. Reading
Just about anything! However, this summer I've mostly stuck with fantasy and poetry. Both of those are the kind of writing I can always fall back to and be at home. Where I understand and feel understood.
Do you know what I mean by that? What kind of writing makes you feel that way?
However, I did just read Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood and that was wonderful. It left me in this great summer in the south sort of mood. Lots of fun.


4. God
If this list were in order he would be first. It's not religion. It's a relationship, a dance, a poem, a song. And I owe him everything.


5. The Earth
Oh, the wonder of it! I just LOVE the earth, it's so vast and beautiful, so raw and perfect and imperfect all that the same time.

6. Making things
Now of course you already know this. But I couldn't very well leave it out either, for I'm happiest when making something.
7.Romance
I am such a hopeless romantic, though you already know that too!



So I pass this award on to the wonderful Sarah, Francesca, Ellie Grace, and Sara. Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon, night or whatever your at right now!

with ice tea and tissues,

Clara

PS: all the photos can be found here

Update! So sorry, some how my settings got switched around so now you can comment! Thank you so much for letting me know Melee! Love, Clara

3 comments:

Melee said...

No problem! I think Blogspot is trying to mess with our minds. *glances furtively from side to side*

Thanks again for the reward! It brought a ginormous smile to my face! :)

I think I know what you mean about the writing that you can always feel at home with. Anything by the author Bess Streeter Aldrich makes me feel that way. I don't know why. :)

And I couldn't agree more with #4!

Hope you feel better soon! *hands embroidered handkerchief and tea in an antique teacup*

M said...

This is lovely Clara. I couldn't agree more with so many of these. You have the most sincere and charming blog here. I really adore it x

Hazel said...

this is so very lovely. :)