Friday, September 21, 2012

"I don't know why I'm here, but I know it's where I'm supposed to be.  I don't know what my ministry is, but I know that God's using me.  I don't know what my realm of influence is, but I know that He's it's ruler.  I don't know what my plans are, but I know my future is secure.  I don't know what my dreams are, but I know that they'll come true.  I don't know where I'll be in five years, but it'll be the right place.  I don't know if I'll ever get married, but I know that nothing can compete with His love.  I don't know what I'm looking for, but I know that I'll find it.  I don't know what I'm doing, but I know it's the right thing.  I don't know where my choices will take me, but I know I'll get where He wants me to be.  I don't know what seeds I've planted, but I know they'll grow.  I don't know where God is leading me, but I know it'll be the best place I can go.  I don't know what's waiting for me, but I know there's no place safer than in His arms."

I wrote this sometime last year, and it all still holds true.  See, I know all these things, but figuring out how to live that way, how to just let go, is so hard.  Even when I think I've done it it's just a few days later and all those burdens are back on my shoulders again and I'm fighting to get them off.  The freedom is a constant battle.

No comments: