Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Breathe


This season has been full of weird lapses, unexpected short days at the greenhouse due to weather, car troubles, unpredictable mountains and valleys of energy and exhaustion, and so much more.  And I find myself thinking too much and forgetting to just breathe and be still while I can.  Saturday night I got a nice break after work, I was extremely tired, but also in need of something other than zoning out at home.  So I made myself go out with a friend, we went to B&N and got drinks, I bought a new journal, and walked around for a bit, but then we just got in her car and drove and talked.  And it was wonderful.
It was so relaxing, and even though I was so tired and we called it quits around nine o'clock, it was so good. The drive was beautiful, the light magical, and the conversation blessed.
I'm almost to the end of this book, my art journal, scrapbook, what ever you call it.  Which is scary and exciting at the same time.  Breathe.  I've been involved in for so long, through so many things, I can't help but something huge will happen once it's full.  Do you know what I mean?  Like, once it's complete, a special portion of my life will be too, and maybe things will change, maybe life will be different.  I know that that's silly, but I can't help but wonder, and hope just a little bit too.  I made this bread, which is in the picture above, and it was amazing.  If you try it you will not be disappointed.  I promise.  
Okay, that's all for today, I'm hoping I can finish this sweater tonight, it's almost done.  I just need to sew all the seams and knit the collar.  Have a good night!

Love, Clara

1 comment:

Melee said...

That sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening/night. :)

Yes, I do know what you mean! I finished a journal recently and even if nothing much changed, I still felt like I was entering a new chapter of life.

Oh my goodness. I'm going to have to make that coconut bread! It sounds delicious.