Friday, May 29, 2009

Sorry about the sloppiness of my last post, I was in a rush, I might go back and fix it later, but I'm not sure. Tonight is opening night of the show that my dance company has been working on all semester. I'm so excited! It's two shows in one, the first act is called Alaska, the narration is Robert Service poetry and the dances are of the Aurora, Gold mining, Oil, and "Alaskans." The second act (the part I'm in) is called When the Northern Lights Come Out to Play and it's based off of the children's book by the same name. It's a very simple story, all about three vole children that are told how when the northern lights dance all the animals of the Arctic come out and dance too, then of course there is a dance for all of the different animals. Muskox, Polar Bears, Moose, Hares, Foxes, Ravens, and Wales, I'm a Fox and a Polar Bear. The fox dance isn't that surprising as far as how they interpret the animal, but the polar bears is a different story. We're flappers. Don't ask why, because I'm not entirely sure, it's supposedly something to do with that's how polar bears see them selves on the inside? I'm not sure. It's a really fun dance though, and I wish you all could see it. My mom took some pictures last night at the dress rehersal, they didn't turn out great, but I might post them anyway after this weekend is over. Any way, I've got somethings I must do before tonight, wish me luck!
Love,
Clara

No comments: